When exploring ZombieMUD, not only do you increase your knowledge
of the game itself, you also gain at least 500 experience for every
non-mapped new room you discover. The higher your personal explore
percent is, the more you gain per room. There is a plaque of the most
seasoned explorers in the Hall of Fame, and you can see how many
new rooms you have found today by typing 'summary'.
Some helpful tips:
- Long descs of the rooms can sometimes have valuable information
- Some monsters respond to things you 'say'
- Some things you see in the long desc of the room can sometimes be
manipulated (levers pulled etc.)
- Searching something in a room can sometimes provide more info
- It pays off to look at the items in the room, i.e it says in the
long desc there is a bed in the room, you should be able to look
- If you don't know what to do about a puzzle, go for the logical
- Sometimes monsters want you to give them an item of some kind
- It pays off to listen to npc's if they're in a talkative mood
- Use peer command to avoid danger, 'peer <direction>'
See also 'summary'.
« Back to topics